There are always times when you can't take a call - or you don't want to! To set up your voicemail you can do so by dialling 171. You will be prompted to enter a PIN number. This is to secure your voicemail and should be 4 digits.
Once this is complete you will need to activate call diverts on your handset. This allows your phone to divert a call to your voicemail if call is not answered, phone is busy or you are out of coverage.
How you set this up will vary according to your handset but for most phones you can try:
- Select 'Menu', then 'Settings', then 'Call', then 'Call Diverts'
- Choose the options you would like regarding calls being diverted to voicemail.
- Your Voicemail box number is basically your existing number with a '5' added after the mobile prefix. E.g. Number 0891234567 then you would enter the number +3538951234567.
You can also use the below short code to set up diverts:
Dial **004*08x5xxxxxxx# & Call, the x's mark where you number would go as stated above.
Once your voicemail is set up
- You will be notified by text when you receive a new voicemail message
- To listen to your messages, dial 171, and press the 'send' button (this usually has a green symbol on it) and then press 1 to listen to your messages
If you would prefer not to have your voicemail service switched on, you can turn it off from your handset. The steps for this will vary depending on what phone you have but for most phones you can take the following steps;
- Go to the menu on your phone and select settings.
- Then choose 'Call', then 'Call Divert' and then 'Cancel all Diverts'.
If you have any difficulties, give us a call on 089 420 0000 or 1749 from your Tesco Mobile (calls cost 20c regardless of duration) and we can arrange for your voicemail service to be turned off.