Having issues with your Mobile Broadband? We've provided some troubleshooting steps for common issues below. Just click on the link that best describes your question.
Device Won't Install
If you’re having issues installing your Huawei Mobile Wi-Fi device, try the following steps:
- Plug out device and switch off your PC or laptop.
- Switch your computer / laptop back on.
- When your computer / laptop is loaded, plug in Wi-Fi device again.
- You should see a message indicating that the device is installing driver.
I Can't Connect to the Internet
If you installed the Wi-Fi device on a PC or laptop, there should be a shortcut to the web management page on the desktop.
If your device is connected to the Internet, you should see the Internet "world" symbol highlighted and “Connected” displayed.
If you are not connected, please check that you have signal coverage with Tesco Mobile on the home screen.
Access the Configuration Management Tool
The Configuration Management Tool for Mobile Broadband will allow you to perform a number of functions including:
Change your SSID: This is the name you will see if searching for your Wi-Fi.
Change your Wi-Fi key: This is your Wi-Fi password.
Change the settings: If you didn't buy your dongle/device from Tesco Mobile. Click here for instructions on how to change your settings.
Check your signal strength.
Send and receive text messages: These are charged at the normal rate, and will be deducted from your credit if you're on Pay as you Go, and will reflect on your bill if you're on Pay Monthly.
How to Access it
If you are connected to the Tesco Mobile Wi-Fi device, then open a browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address box (on phone or laptop). Default user is admin. Default password is admin (this password should be changed).
Changing my Wi-Fi SSID or Wi-Fi Key
You do this through the Configuration Management tool.
If you are connected to the Tesco Mobile Wi-Fi device then open a browser and enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address box. This will work on your phone, tablet or laptop.
Enter the following username and password:
- Default user: admin
- Default password: admin (we recommend you change this password)
- Go to Configure WLAN Settings
- You can change the SSID (Wi-Fi name) and Wi-Fi key (Wi-Fi password) here.
I’ve Forgotten my SSID / Wi-Fi Password
If you have forgotten your Wi-Fi Key (Wi-Fi Password), then you can reset this to the original code that is displayed on the label inside your Mobile Broadband device.
- Remove the back of the device.
- Reset the device by pressing the reset button with a pin.
- The button is located below the battery.