Pay As You Go Terms & Conditions For Customers
These Tesco Mobile Pay As You Go Terms & Conditions and Tesco Mobile General Terms and Conditions apply to all Tesco Mobile Pay As You Go customers.
Although you may have read some information about Tesco Mobile in a leaflet or received certain information over the telephone or online, you should read these Terms & Conditions carefully because they contain important information about your legal rights and obligations.
These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights. You can always get the most up-to-date version of the Tesco Mobile Terms & Conditions and Price List, as well as other useful information about Tesco Mobile at www.tescomobile.ie
You can contact customer care by telephoning 1749 or writing to Tesco Mobile, PO Box 11027, FREEPOST F4409, Dublin 3.
- 1.0 Pay As You Go products
Please note that as of 28th of August 2013 Double credit will no longer be offered with any new Tesco mobile top up or Pay as you go plan. All Tesco mobile customers that join Tesco mobile before the 28th of August 2013 will continue to enjoy the benefits of Double Credit until such time as they choose to switch to one of our new plans. Once they have switched from the Double credit plan they will not be in a position to return to this plan. The following terms and conditions will still apply to customers who choose to stay on the Double Credit plans.
- 1.1 Double Value Credit
The following terms and conditions of the Tesco Mobile Double Value Credit offer are in addition to and form part of the general terms and conditions of the Tesco Mobile Ireland Limited’s mobile telecommunications service which are displayed on www.tescomobile.ie. In the event of any conflict the terms and conditions on www.tescomobile.ie shall prevail.
- (a) Customers are eligible to avail of the Double Value Credit offer while they remain a Tesco Mobile Pay As You Go customer
- (b) Customers who leave Tesco Mobile will not retain access to or avail of the promotion
- (c) This offer applies to all standard Republic of Ireland mobile and landline calls, standard texts and picture messages to Irish mobiles and GPRS browsing only and excludes international calls, roaming and calls to directory enquiries, premium rate numbers or any non standard number, downloads as well as premium SMS messages to short codes, international text, any text messages sent whilst roaming and text to any landline numbers
- (d) To receive the Double Value Credit offer you must top up by a minimum of €10 in one go excluding any drip fed or other promotional top up credit received in each month. The unused Free credit received as part of the Double Value Credit offer, will expire after 30 days and will not be carried over. Once the customer has spent all of their free airtime, they will then begin to use their paid for airtime
- (e) The call and text rates for the Double Value Credit offer are the current published rates on www.tescomobile.ie. Once a customer avails of the Double Value Credit offer they are giving consent to Tesco Mobile to contact them by SMS to inform them of any changes to the offer and updates while the customer remains on this promotion. This does not affect or limit any previous consent given by the customer
- (f) Tesco Mobile reserves the right to withdraw the Double Value Credit offer generally and from any particular customer at any time or vary or amend any element of the promotion without further notice. These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by Tesco Mobile for any reasonable commercial, technical or operational reason
- 1.2 Clubcard points awarded when you join the Tesco Mobile Network
- (a) Customers must first register their Clubcard with their Tesco Mobile account in order to be awarded Clubcard points.
- (c) You can register your Clubcard details online through My Tesco Mobile, by calling customer care on 1749 or by texting CLUBCARD followed by your Clubcard number to 1744.
- (d) If a customer does not top up in one month they do not receive the award for that month but will still quality for the following month award provided they top up by €10 or more in one transaction.
- (e) If the customer has already registered their Clubcard and then ports their mobile number to Tesco Mobile they will be awarded a one off award of 250 Clubcard points.
- (f) If the customer registers their Clubcard after the porting process but the registration happens within one month of the porting process then the customer will still receive the 250 Clubcard points.
- (g) Customers will receive a text notifying them when they receive a Clubcard registration or porting award. If the customer has opted out of marketing messages then they will not receive this message.
- (h) 750 Clubcard points will be awarded in 3 monthly instalments when you top up by €10 or more in one transaction every 30 days for the first 3 months from registration.
- (i) 250 Clubcard points will be awarded when a customer brings (ports) their existing mobile number to the Tesco Mobile network.
- (j) Only one instalment of 250 Clubcard points will be awarded per month.
- (k) We reserve the right to suspend, cease or withdraw the Extra Clubcard offer and to amend and modify these terms and conditions, without notice for any legitimate commercial, technical or operational reason.
- (l) These conditions are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of your use of the Tesco Mobile pay as you go service.
- (m) The €10 top up requirement excludes any drip-fed credit awarded. You must top up by either €10, €20 or €30 in one go.
- (n) Customers who port to Tesco Mobile Pay as You go before the 31st of January will receive the €20 porting bonus. From 31st January onwards the porting bonus will be replaced with the Clubcard porting promotion.
- (o) Customers who qualify for the €10 x 3 free call value promotion before the 31st January will continue to receive the free call value as promised after the 31st January for the duration of the qualifying 3 month period.
- (p) There will be no new qualifications for €10 x 3 free call value promotion after the 31st January 2012.
- (q) Get FREE Calls, Texts & Picture Messages to everyone on Tesco Mobile when you top up by €10 or more in one transaction.
- (r) Free Calls, Texts & Picture Messages & Webtext for 30 days from the day you top up.
- (s) If you top up by €10 or more again before the 30th day of the qualifying period the offer will apply for 30 days from the day of the second top up.
- (t) Applies to all Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile usage while on the island of Ireland.
- (u) Fair usage limits are 300 minutes of calls, 300 texts and 300 picture messages per day.
- (v) Get 250 free webtexts every month when you top up by €10 or more in one transaction.
- (w) Each month you can send 200 FREE any network web texts and 50 international mobile web texts. These can be sent from any web browser by logging in to My Tesco Mobile.
- (x) When your monthly webtext allowance has been used up you can still use the service. Thereafter Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile webtext will be free. All network text will be decremented from your monthly tariff bundle.
- (y) Any webtext sent outside tariff bundle will be charged at the appropriate rate.
- 1.3 Web Surf Data Bundles
You may purchase one of our great value Web Surf bundles listed below from your credit balance at any time, provided you have enough credit available. If you do not have enough credit you will need to top up your credit first.
- (a) 50 MB bundle for €0.79 valid for 24 hours from purchase
- (b) 350 MB bundle for €2.99 valid for 7 days from purchase
- (c) 1GB (1024MB) bundle for €5.00 valid for 30 days from purchase
- (d) 5GB (5120MB) bundle for €10.00 valid for 30 days from purchase
- 1.3.1 You can buy a bundle in the following ways:
- (a) For a 24 hour bundle - Send a blank text to 174209. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
- (b) For a 7 day bundle - Send a blank text to 174210. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
- (c) For a 30 day bundle - Send a blank text to 174211. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
- 1. Sending any text (even blank) to these numbers will cause your balance to be deducted by the cost of the bundle. So please don't text until you're ready to buy. When your bundle expires you can buy a new one in the same way.
- 2. You may use your Web Surf Data bundles for web browsing with My Tesco Mobile Internet, including the download data cost of mobile games, Ringtones, wall paper and any other content included in My Tesco Mobile Internet, whilst in the Republic of Ireland. NOTE: The cost of the content itself is not included and will be charged at the standard rate (see our guide to charges under Price Plans on our website)
- 3. When your Web Surf bundle expires, charges for Tesco Mobile Internet services and WAP services are charged at the standard pay as you go WAP/GPRS rate (see our guide to charges under Price Plans on our website)
- 4. If a second bundle is purchased while a bundle is already active, the effect will be to extend the life of the original bundle by the number of days in the second bundle.
- 5. A fair usage policy applies. This means that we will monitor usage and if we consider your usage to be excessive (considerably more than could normally be expected to be used by an individual, or considerably above the average usage of high use customers) on any day, we will terminate your access to the bundle for the remainder of that day and your data usage will be charged at the standard default pay as you go rate for the remainder of that day (see our guide to charges under Price Plans on our website). If persistent abuse occurs we may reserve the right to withdraw the service from your Account.
- 6. You may not use your Web Surf bundles whilst roaming outside of the Republic of Ireland.
- 7. If you leave the network by porting (moving) your number you will lose any remaining time in your bundle. No refund for unused time will be given.
- 8. If your service is suspended or terminated you may lose your Bundle. No refund for unused time will be given.
- 9. All charges are inclusive of VAT @ 23%
- 10. We reserve the right to suspend or cease these bundles and to amend and modify these terms and conditions, including prices or bundle duration without notice for any legitimate commercial, technical or operational reason.
- 11. These conditions are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of your use of the Tesco Mobile pay as you go service.
- (a) Tesco Mobile’s Free ‘Magic Number’ gives free texts from children to parents when the child’s balance is too low to make a call or send a text.
- (b) ‘Child’ is considered to be someone 16 years of age or under. Proof of age may be requested.
- (c) The ‘child’ must register a parent’s mobile number (the number which texts can be sent to for free). This can be done for FREE via My Tesco Mobile at www.tescomobile.ie in the Magic Number section of ‘My Account’, or by calling Tesco Mobile Customer Care on 089 420 0000 or 1749 from your Tesco Mobile (calls cost 20c regardless of duration)
- (d) The Free Magic Number can be on any Irish mobile network
- (e) Only One Magic Number can be registered at any time, but this number can be changed as often as you like fro FREE in My Tesco Mobile on our website, or by calling Customer Care (calls cost 20c regardless of duration)
- (f) One free text from the ‘child’ to the nominated parent’s number will be allowed per day, while the child has insufficient credit and is eligible
- (g) The Child’s phone must be Topped Up at least once every 30 days to be eligible for continued use of this service
- (h) Applies to texts sent whilst in the Republic of Ireland only. Cannot be used while roaming outside the Republic of Ireland
- (i) We reserve the right to suspend or cease this service without notice for any legitimate commercial, technical or operational reason
- (j) These conditions are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of your use of the Tesco Mobile pay as you go service
- 1.5 Collecting Clubcard points with Tesco Mobile
- (a) Clubcard points are awarded for all Tesco Mobile top up credit purchased
- (b) Clubcard points will be awarded for every €1 of top up credit purchased in Tesco Stores
- (c) 1 Clubcard point will be awarded for every €1 of top up credit purchased at outlets other than Tesco
- (d) One Clubcard point will be awarded for purchase from the Tesco Mobile online shop
- (e) You must register your Clubcard with us in order to collect Clubcard points with Tesco Mobile. Register for FREE via My Tesco Mobile, by calling Customer Care on 089 420 0000 or 1749 from your Tesco Mobile (calls cost 20c regardless of duration) or by texting CLUBCARD followed by your Clubcard number to 1744.
- (f) Tesco Mobile is not required to allocate points retrospectively if you forget to register your Clubcard with us
- (g) Clubcard points will not be awarded for any Extra credit that is awarded to you including, but not exclusively, promotional and goodwill credits
- (h) From time to time Tesco Mobile may run promotions giving Bonus Clubcard points
- (i) Standard Clubcard Terms & Conditions apply to points earned with Tesco Mobile. See Tesco.ie for details
- (j) We reserve the right to amend and modify these terms and conditions or withdraw Clubcard points from our offer without notice for any legitimate commercial, technical or operational reason
- (k) These conditions are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of your use of the Tesco Mobile pay as you go service
- 1.6 Top Up & Go (Pay As You Go) Customer Verification Process
- (a) To verify that you are over 18 years of age, please call Customer Care on 089 420 0000 or 1749 from your Tesco Mobile, with a current valid Irish credit card that is registered to your name and address.
- (b) We will take your credit card details and make a 25c charge to your credit card. If the transaction is successful, you will be given access to our Over 18 Services.
- (c) We make a credit card transaction of 25c to ensure that you are the owner of the credit card, and the transaction will appear on your next credit card statement with a payment of 25c being made to Tesco Mobile.
- (d) If you/the owner of the credit card receives a credit card statement with this charge from Tesco Mobile, and contacts us to say this was not a known or authorised credit card transaction, or that the owner of the credit card is not the owner of the Tesco Mobile number(s) given access to the Over-18's service we will assume this is due to fraudulent/use without permission of the credit card. We will terminate services to the mobile number which provided the credit card details and we reserve the right to inform the Gardai of the unauthorized use of this credit card.
- (e) These conditions are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of your use of the Tesco Mobile Pay As You Go Service.
See www.tescomobile.ie for further details on all other Tesco Mobile products and services.